Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Looks like I'm going!!!

To CHA!!! Yay!!!! I'll be going with both Tisha and Scrappinchicks. Now I just have to work on getting the baby weaned...

The last show I went to was Winter '05 in Atlanta. I had a blast! I went with the DT from Scrapncircle. I was also about 4 months pregnant!

The first day of the show in the first 5 minutes I met Donna D and Cathy Z! They were checking their coats!!! Both were SO NICE!!! I also met Faye Morrow Bell, Tim Coffey, Kathy P (from Sandylion), and Heidi Swapp! Very fun to meet scrapping celebs!

It was almost overstimulating to see all of those wonderful products in one place! And with any design ambitions I had in their infancy, it was a hugely valuable learning experience. I will never expect to make a living scrapbooking, but I would like to design for a manufacturer one day... but only one, really, because I don't think I would have time to devote to much more! I would want to give it my all, you know?

As far as my "real job" goes, I'm a little stressed out. I just started doing home health, and, let me tell you, it's a bit of medical knowledge and, at times, a TON of social work skills! I have a patient now who is in a horrible living situation. Not really cognitively intact enough to manage her basic needs, and between her physical problems and her husband's, they are truly unsafe to live on their own. I have done what I can, have referred the family to a social worker, have talked to a family member about how important it is that they find a more reasonable place to live (like an assisted living), and that's all I can do. The social worker decided that adult protective services should not be called. I pray that it was the right decision....

I'm managing 3 PRN PT positions right now. I think it may be time to drop one! I have my plate full between the nursing home and home health. I hate to give up working at the home, because so many of the residents there I care so much about.... I have been there for 3 years!!! And I never wanted to do long term care! And I think I'm starting to get the hang of home health. But, it's a lot of paperwork!

My other stress this week.... I had to take one of my cats to see the veterinary opthamologist. I didn't even know there was such a thing... but I am grateful there is! Tigger has an eye condition called eosinophilic conjuctivitis, which is an abnormal immune respose, causing the body to attack the cornea. We've been dealing with this for almost 2 months, off and on. The vet finally made the referral to the opthamologist. Looks like I will be giving Tigger steroid drops for 6 months! I also will give him oral steroids for almost a month. Poor kitty! He's been isolating himself for a while now from the pain/sensitivity to light. I hope this treatment works!

And, last but not least, this is the week we have chosen to Ferberize our 9 month old! We start Thursday night. It worked for her older sister, so we'll see how it goes! I hate to do this to her, but we MUST get some sleep in this house! Big sister is excited, because she gets to spend the weekend with Grandma! God bless my mother in law! She is a gem, indeed! Everyone should be so lucky to have such an amazing woman and friend in their lives!

Well, I guess that's all I have to say for now!

No comments: