Friday, February 08, 2008

Time to update, huh?!!!

Well, times have been very, very busy!

My older dd is now 6! Her birthday was on the 5th. We went to the Texas Roadhouse for dinner on Monday to celebrate (it was the only night that all of our local family could get together!) It turned out to be a great night to go, though, because it just happened to be kids' night! She had a blast having the clown make balloon creatures for her and just loved being the center of attention!

In house news, we are much, much closer to moving in. The cabinets have been installed (not sure I am pleased with my color choice for the kitchen, but it's a bit late now! :( ) Our carpet and wood floors should be installed next week. Painting the interior is complete. Now we just need light fixtures, countertops, toilets... you know, the little things that make a house function! LOL!!! So, that means a few trips to the Home Depot or Lowes to pick out a few things!

I am very happy for my dear friend Tabitha who has recently gotten back into scrapbooking after a bit of a rest as she started a new career! Love her art, and she's such a great friend!

I'm also excited for my dear friend Tisha who has opened a new photography studio in the heart of the "cool" part of downtown Richmond! Can't wait to see it!

I have some scrappy news that I will share later!

I was also invited to serve a third term over at Scraplovers! I'm very happy to do so!

And right now I am thoroughly busy with my job. I'm still at the nursing home... still loving geriatric rehab... still trying my best to be the best PT I can be. I work "on call," but am filling the lead PT position, working full time hours. I find myself surprised at times that I have evolved from a timid, shy student into a "leader" of sorts. I am flattered and humbled that colleagues seek my advice about their patients. I am proud of each day that I get to help all of these grandmothers and grandfathers... especially when they get to accomplish fantastic goals like walk for the first time after an injury! Very satisfying work, indeed!

So, if you haven't seen me on the boards much, this is why.

Now... let me go tackle the mountain in the hall that is my laundry! LOL!!!

Happy weekend, everyone!

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

Love ya too Anne!!