Sunday, February 10, 2008

Don't forget to vote!

Fellow Virginians.... it is our turn to determine who will run for President in whichever party we feel most affiliated with. For me, I will be voting on Tuesday for Barack Obama. His views are most closely aligned with my own... and I am so ready for change in Washington! I normally shy away from speaking about specifics with politics and religion, but I can finally say that for the first time in my life, there is an emerging leader whom I feel can truly lead this nation so completely in a positive way. He reminds me of Julian Bond, whom I met during a class I took at Longwood College (way back in the day!). He is so charismatic! If you haven't listened to him speak, you can see a video of him here.

I'm not saying vote for him because I am... but DO be a part of the process, and DO LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD. Why? BECAUSE IT MATTERS. Why? BECAUSE IT'S ONE OF THE GREAT RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF BEING A CITIZEN OF THE UNITED STATES!

So get out there and vote! :)

No comments: