Monday, January 21, 2008

Mediocrity....

Do you ever just feel mediocre? Just like you are a jack of all trades, master of none? I've been feeling that way lately. Maybe I just have too many interests and/or responsibilities to be truly good at any one thing. I have always wanted to be extraordinary at something... just one thing. You know... that fantasy of life's purpose in an idealistic teenage/early twenty-something mind? Ahhhh... but maybe the wisdom of being thirty-something is that it's ok to just be who we are, and accept mediocrity whole-heartedly!!! LOL!!!

I don't think so. ;)

Something that is certainly not mediocre.... REAL popcorn cooked on the stove! We've been avoiding the microwave as much as possible, and all of the chemicals in the microwave popcorn gives me the heebie jeebies... so, with the advice of a good friend (thanks, Tisha!), I cooked my first batch of popcorn on the stove. I used organic oil and corn... and it was fabulous! And I have to admit to becoming just a bit giddy as the first kernels popped! Let me tell you... every last kernel popped, and it tasted JUST LIKE movie theater popcorn! Especially since I used the hot pan to melt a bit of organic butter to pour over top and finished it off with some kosher salt! Yum! My girls devoured the whole batch!

6 comments:

Tracy said...

your popcorn sounds yummy! And, I know how feel... I am also a 30-something mom who is pretty good at juggling too much at once. Not perfect, but trying to get it all done; making sure the kids have what they need for the day, feeding the family, caring for the house, getting kids where they need to be (on time, no less)! Sometimes it seems never ending, doesn't it?

Amber said...

Yep! You are still the AMazing fanTAStic FABulously TALENTED scrapbooker I remember. Your work still inspires me. I was so happy to have found your blog again! Oh and btw, that popcorn sounds YUMMY! I can almost smell it. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Tisha said...

Ain't it good? You are making me hungry!

By the way...you are so NOT mediocore! You know you are awesome in my book at everything you hve ever done!

Tam said...

I have a child with Allergies and for the last year we only have what I dubbed as Real Popcorn...no microwave popcorn. I purchansed a pop corn machine called the Stir Crazy and it looks like an appliance from the 70's but it is so great. Target has them for about 30.00 and it is a breeze to clean.

Tam said...

I came across you blog and liked the I dream of paper....I too love paper!!!! It caught my attention. I am a scrapbooker but do not share my pages on my blog...yours however ROCK!!!!

Tam said...

I found your site from WorldWin paper blog. I noticed you are from VA....I am too. Fredericksburg to be exactly but currently living in GA as we are military. My Whole Family is still in Good Old VA and hopefully soon we will be moving up that way!!!! Anyway I know I just posted three times...sorry