ScrapLovers is looking for two new Sweethearts to join our existing team. We need one regular Sweetheart and one who does strictly cards/altered items. We are looking for designers who can meet the following criteria:
- Unique style
- Ability to use a variety of styles and be familiar with up-to-date techniques
- Ability to create projects from basic to a more advanced skill level
- Creative use of product
- Ability to think outside the box
- Ability to work within timelines and under pressure
- Cooperation and teamwork
- Great communication skills
If chosen to be a Sweetheart you will be responsible for:
1. Committing to a 5-month term beginning March 1, 2008 through July 31, 2008.
2. Creating 4 layouts using the monthly product you are sent. If chosen as the card/altered item Sweetheart, you will create 1 altered project and 3 sets of cards using the product you are sent. You will upload half of your projects on the 5th of the month and the other half on the 20th of the month.
3. Taking turns hosting a technique or stash tutorial for our Technique Thursdays.
4. Taking turns on a weekly basis posting a Question and Project of the Day.
5. Posting additional projects in your personal member gallery.
6. Participating in forum discussions on a daily basis and keeping the message board flowing by regularly posting new topics.
7. Leaving praise in the gallery on a weekly basis.
8. Issuing 2 monthly challenges to the members- one on the 1st of the month and the second on the 15th of the month.
9. Participating in cybercrops and contests held by ScrapLovers.
10. Contributing to the ScrapLovers newsletter and blog when necessary.
11. Promoting ScrapLovers on your personal blog (if you have one) and other forums (where allowed) to help facilitate the growth of our community.
12. Identifying that ScrapLovers provided the product in ANY layout posted on another site or published. Projects are exclusive to the ScrapLovers site for one month.
13. Communicating with the Owner and Sweetheart Coordinator about absences due to illness or vacation
If chosen as a Sweetheart, you will be compensated in the following ways:
1. You will receive product to work with each month to create your required number of designs free of charge. All projects created are yours to keep.
2. You will receive 20% off purchases from our store throughout your duration as a Sweetheart and free shipping on orders that are shipped with the monthly kit. You will receive a shipping credit of $5 once each month on any additional orders.
3. You will receive exposure with your bio and headshot being posted on our Sweetheart page, as well as being spotlighted once on our blog during your term.
4. You will be provided a blinkie for use in your signature, on your blog, and at other sites as permitted.
1. Upload 5 pieces of your best work that are representative of your style to the 2008 Design Team Call section of the ScrapLovers gallery. Projects do not need to be new or never-before-seen, but should be original works of art (no scraplifts, please).
2. Register and become a member of our message board. Introduce yourself in the Welcomes and Introductions forum.
3. Send an email to email@example.com including the following:
- Provide your name, address, preferred e-mail address, and links to online communities in which you are active (be sure to include your username). If you have a blog, please include that link as well. Please specify if you are applying for the card/altered item Sweetheart.
-Provide a list of current and past design teams. Don't worry if you aren't on any. We want to see your work, and we all have to start somewhere. Membership on other DTs is not discouraged.
-Let us know if you've been published and where.
-Complete an essay about why you feel you are a prime candidate for our design team. Focus on your strengths and include what you will contribute to our team and message board. Share your ideas and thoughts for promoting our site and store.
The deadline for submitting your application is Monday, February 11th at 11:59 PST. International applicants are welcome. If chosen, you will be notified via email to accept no later than Saturday, Feb. 16th. The official announcement will be made on the message board no later than Monday, February 18th. You will start on March 1st with your Sweetheart duties. If you have any questions feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck and thank you!!