Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Well, we survived...

Our annual trip to the Outer Banks this year for Thanksgiving was punctuated by a most powerful Nor'easter that blew through ALL night Tuesday and well into Wednesday morning! We're talkin' about 60+ mph winds that just wouldn't quit! My girls were awakened at 4:30 Wednesday morning (does that time actually happen twice a day? LOL!!!) when their night light went out!!!! We were without power for several hours and cable for a few days, but we fared pretty well, all things considered. Some water damage to the house we were in from the wind literally blowing water into the house!

I have some pictures of what is now left of the dunes on the beach... the view of the waves crashing into the parking lot of the beach access area across the street from the house we were staying in... and one of the many sets of steps leading to nowhere after they were detatched from their beach walkways. I will post later!

Otherwise, we had a nice, relaxing time. I did lots of thrift store shopping, especially for items I can use in my scraproom. I'll have to post pics of those, too!

It is nice to go on vacation... but it's even nicer to be home!

No comments: