Saturday, June 24, 2006

The Dares!!!


I finally did one!!!

"Are You My Mother?"

Journaling reads:
*Anna, when you were born, I thought it took the nurses forever to bring you to me. When your sister was born, I held her and nursed her right away. But since you were born by c-section, the doctors and nurses had all kinds of things they had to do to me before I could hold you. *I often wonder what you must have been thinking about during that time, wondering yourself if all of the people holding you and doing things to you were your mother. The doctor held you, your daddy held you, several nurses held you, and I think even a grandma or two all held you before I did. Were you asking yourself if they were your mother?*I was grateful for that moment about 3 hours after you were born when I was finally able to hold you. For I am here, I will always be here, and I am indeed your mother. And I love you very much.

Supplies: Patterned paper (KI Memories), Cardstock (Bazzill), Ink (Colorbox), Staples (Target), Transparency (Apollo), Ribbon (recycled from a baby gift), Rub-on letters (Making Memories), Embroidery floss (DMC).

OK, I have to admit.... I cheated. I had done this layout a couple of months ago, but it totally fit this dare of using a book title for your layout title. And it's one of my favorites that I've ever done!

The ladies who do "The Dares" are amazing, and they have inspired a whole new aspect of scrapping challenges!!! Thanks for your inspiration, ladies!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful journaling!